Union Connect Project Manager
Are you an experienced project manager who thrives on managing events, has a passion for stakeholder and partner engagement and an eye for creative detail? Are you looking for your next challenge, working on national campaigns? Are you seeking to work with a diverse range of incredibly talented people, and be a genuine driving force in one of Scotland’s top agencies?
We are on the lookout for a dynamic project manager to join Union Connect; the experiential, partnership and communications arm of the Union Group. This role will specifically be managing a large scale, long term project alongside supporting the wider experiential, partnership, PR and ATL marketing activities on a wide range of projects across sectors including food and drink, travel, charity and government.
This is a role in our account management department – the bridge between the client and the agency. So that means you’ll ensure that we are meeting the client’s needs, solving strategic problems, and keeping projects on track. You will have a minimum of two years agency or client side experience working in events and stakeholder/partner engagement.
It’s a cliché, but it is true that no two days are the same and it is guaranteed to offer you a steep learning curve, sharpening your management, team working and communication skills. Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Managing stakeholder mapping and engagement
- Managing event logistics (both on and offline)
- Meeting and engaging with stakeholders and partners
- Writing pitches, proposals, and stakeholder communications
- Working with our award-winning creative team to produce brilliant, effective work
- Working with internal teams and external suppliers
- Financial management – estimating, quoting, and invoicing
- Time management – creation of timing plans to meet client deadlines
- Documenting project progress – status reports, contact reports etc
This is a role for those who enjoy and thrive in a pressurised environment. It’s fast-paced, and you must have the ability to think on your feet, juggling various needs at the same time, problem solve and still ensure that everything is delivered to a perfect standard. You will be:
- Sociable and good with people
- Enjoy and thrive on building relationships
- Strong in both spoken and written word
- Well-organised with an eye for detail
- Good at problem-solving
- Bucket-loads of enthusiasm, energy and initiative
- Commercially focused
We pride ourselves on the training and development culture that we work under. We are an IPA member agency, so you can study for the IPA Foundation Certificate and Legal Regulations certificates, as well as attend Union Academy training events.
The role, which is remote at present but will eventually be Edinburgh-based, comes with excellent career development opportunities. With our wide client roster, and work across numerous business sectors, you will learn and develop amongst some of the most talented people in Scotland. We are committed to supporting you too – for example through our employee wellness initiatives.
Salary is negotiable, dependent on experience.
Our typical working hours are Monday to Friday 9-5.30, but we have a comprehensive flexible working policy. Your package will include:
- Competitive salary
- Group Life Cover
- Generous holiday allowance
- IPA CPD training
- Union Academy training and development
- Opportunities for career progression within Union Group
To apply, please send your CV and a covering statement on “what makes an effective project manager?” (250 words max) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘UC – Project Manager’ in the subject line.